Ideal for powering Naze32 flight controllers when using OPTO ESC's or 5V FPV setups that require a clean power supply
The compact (0.4″ × 0.5″) Pololu 5V, 500mA Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V5F5 takes an input voltage of up to 36 V and efficiently reduces it to 5 V while allowing for a maximum output current of 500 mA. This regulator offers typical efficiencies between 85% and 90% and has a very low dropout, so it can be used with input voltages as low as a few hundred millivolts above 5 V. The pins have a 0.1″ spacing, making this board compatible with standard solderless breadboards and perfboards.
The D24V5Fx family of buck (step-down) voltage regulators generates lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 36 V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) and have a typical efficiency between 80% to 93%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. These regulators have a power-save mode that activates at light loads and a low quiescent (no load) current draw, which make them well suited for low-power applications that are run from a battery.
The different versions of this regulator all look very similar, so the bottom silkscreen includes a blank space where you can add your own distinguishing marks or labels. This product page applies to all four versions of the D24V5Fx family.
The regulators feature short-circuit/over-current protection, and thermal shutdown helps prevent damage from overheating. The boards do nothave reverse-voltage protection.
Input voltage:Fixed 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 9 V, 12 V, or 15 V output (depending on regulator version) with 4% accuracy
- 3 V to 36 V for output voltages of 1.8 V and 2.5 V
- [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 36 V for output voltages of 3.3 V and higher (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Maximum output current: 500 mA
- Typical efficiency of 80% to 93%
- 500 kHz switching frequency (when not in power-save mode)
- 200 μA typical no-load quiescent current
- Integrated over-temperature and over-current shutoff
- Small size: 0.5″ × 0.4″ × 0.1″ (13 mm × 10 mm × 3 mm)